This accessibility statement applies to your.eastsussex.gov.uk.
This website is run by East Sussex County Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver).
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- the text on the Events calendar is too small without zooming.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email Your East Sussex team
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 5 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please email the Webteam
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
East Sussex County Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018. As part of our commitment to accessibility we are required to publish where we know there are issues with our website.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- the text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window. This doesn’t meet WCAG success criterion 1.4.10 Reflow
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text. This doesn’t meet WCAG success criterion 1.4.12 Text Spacing
- the text on the Events calendar is too small without zooming. This doesn’t meet WCAG success criterion 1.4.4 Resize text. This is served up by the Events Manager, a 3rd party WordPress plug-in.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
We don’t have any PDF or Word documents on this site but if we were to add them any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 10 June 2022. It was last updated on 13 June 2022.
This website was last tested on 7 June 2022. The test was carried out using an automated testing tool. We tested examples of all the templates used on the site and scored 95/100 for accessibility.