As part of National Apprenticeship Week (4 to 8 March) we’re working with Apprenticeships in Sussex to promote apprenticeships with roadshow and pop-up events across the county
Each year around 2,800 apprentices start in East Sussex, providing excellent opportunities for people to begin their career in growing sectors. For example, East Sussex County Council currently employs 175 apprentices across the council and schools.
Lucy Taylor, 20, is currently a Business Admin Apprentice. We asked what attracted her to apprenticeships and why she would recommend this route to others:
She said: “When I was in college I wasn’t sure which career path I wanted to take. I had never enjoyed studying so decided not to go to university. It was difficult to find a full time job without specific work experience so this led me to look at apprenticeships.
“I would highly recommend becoming an apprentice. It is an excellent opportunity to earn money and work experience while studying towards a qualification. You are able to gain a variety of workplace skills including IT and administration, along with developing professional relationships.
“There are different levels of qualifications across many different sectors, meaning that apprenticeships are open to everyone.”
There will be two roadshows as well as six pop-up events across the county for you to go along to, see the options available to you, ask questions and have a chat with employers, training providers and apprentices.
If you’d like to find out more about apprenticeships, come and see us at roadshow or pop up event.
- Eastbourne Town Hall on Tuesday 5 March 2019 from 5pm to 7pm
- Hastings Library on Wednesday 13 March 2019 from 5pm to 7pm
Pop up events:
- 4th March 12pm to 3pm: Crowborough Community Centre, Pine Grove
- 5th March 10am to 1pm: Uckfield Tesco, Bellfarm Road
- 7th March 10am to 1pm: Heathfield Sainsbury’s, Station Road
- 8th March 11am to 2pm: Newhaven Sainsbury’s , The Drove
- 8th March 4pm to 7pm: Lewes Waitrose, Eastgate Street
- 9th March 10am to 1pm: Hailsham Vicarage Fields market
No need to book, just pop along!