As gluten free foods have surged by 63 per cent in the past two years, Your County finds the top 5 places for gluten free goodies in the county.
1. Verygoodfood, is a bakery and cookery school dedicated to baking delicious gluten free products from cakes to sausage rolls that just so happen to be gluten free. Try them at Lewes Friday Market.
2. The Green Larder in Bexhill was set up two years ago by vegan chef Cathy Larkin. Everything is home made with mostly organic ingredients. There are a range of cakes and breads from £2.50.
3. 1066 Cake Stand in Hastings has a gluten free menu selling everything from flatbreads to breadcrumbs.
4. Mrs Burton’s Tea Room in Battle has an extensive gluten free menu, with a wide range of soups, stews and casseroles made with gluten free flour.
5. Ashdown Manna Cookery School is running a wheat and gluten free cookery class on Saturday 13 June from 10am to 4pm for £125.
Learn the secrets behind successful gluten free cooking and how to make:
• Buttermilk pancakes
• Moroccan lamb flatbreads
• Vanilla and ginger cake
• Wild mushroom and taleggio tart
• Chocolate chip cookies